Monday, July 25, 2011

The Return Trip

We get up at the crack of dawn to catch the first boat back because we can't fathom doing anything else (i.e. canoe trip because there was nothing else). We were just too tired. We return the key the lady gave us and she charges us $10 per person to share 1 twin bed. I was so upset because the going rate for a bed is $8 and generally you would get one to yourself. Although I do think that it was better than on the beach. On our boat ride back to Pavona they took my suitcase and put it so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. Unfortunately, the person running the boat ended up getting a large amount of water in the boat and since my bag was on the bottom so it sat in it for the remainder of he trip. When we arrived for the bus I was upset but there was nothing I could do. We had good luck with the buses and arrived back in Orosi around 1:00. The family Meredith was staying with was supposed to call my family to let them know that we were coming back a day earlier than originally planned. That didn't happen so there was some confusion and the mom was washing my bedding so I didn't have a bed made. It was fine. I got to practice my Spanish by explaining the story of what happened. Unfortunately, they were having a party so there were lots of their family members at the house. I was not in the mood but I didn't have much choice. I hung all the stuff that got wet on the line out back so that it will hopefully dry and it may get washed. To make matters worse, I stepped in wet cement that the dad had put down. I felt really bad. After everyone left, I walked to Meredith's house to talk about tomorrow. The school called to inform us that our classes are cancelled tomorrow. This is due to a holiday. Don't you think they should have known this when we were discussing the schedule for this week? I'm going to figure out what they are going to do because i am supposed to have 5 days of classes.

Meredith and I walked and went to a bar for a few drinks to help us forget about the hell of the weekend. I mean the turtles were cool but the rest sucked.

We are going to do something tomorrow, don't know what yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment