Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jardín Botánico Lankester

























We got up early and traveled to Paraiso where we went to the Jardín Botántico (botanical gardens). It was different than what we would find in the states. It was nice to have a place to go and talk and look at things. We won't do much in the next few days because I have class 8-11 and Meredith has class 12-3 which really kills the day particularly because after 3 it typically rains.

I decided I wanted to purchase a book in Spanish to read while I'm here and when I'm home. There are apparently only a few bookstores in the country which are all located in San Jose. That just baffles me. So I may or may not be getting any books. There are 2 groups of high school students taking classes which has frazzled the teachers and is obnoxious. I liked my vacation from my high schoolers. I think it will be mostly a problem this week. We will be going to Tortuguero for my final weekend in Costa Rica to see the tortugas (turtles).

I have been having good conversations with the family here and my Spanish has improved. I hope I reach my goals while I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment