Monday, July 25, 2011

Holiday

Got up and I had slept like a rock. I hadn't moved all night and slept for a straight 9 hours. I was really tired and was still afterwards. When I awoke, I discovered the family cat at my feet. That was unexpected because I closed my door. It apparently pushed the door open (it doesn't have a great seal) to get into my room. This cat seems to like me. I relaxed in bed for a bit longer. Everyone was moving in slow motion because it is a holiday here today. Got myself together and met up with Meredith. She wanted to go to a National Park in Tipanti which she said was only 3 kilometers from where the bus drops us off. We got on the bus and began walking up (since we are in a valley everything is up). After about 3 Km we saw saw people and asked them to see if we made a wrong turn. They said it's another 5 Km so we continued walking. We got to Puri and took a break. Meredith then reread the guidebook and it said that it was 3 Km from where we were. We relaxed there for a while and then decided to just walk back being that we had already gone 8 Km (7 on foot) from the house in Orosi. We walked the entire 8 back stopping at the "indoor soccer field" (the quotes are because everything is outdoors but it had a roof and fake turf). We ended up eating at a Chinese place (we are now looking for anything but the typical food here because it isn't real varied). My family saw me and invited me to go shopping after I ate. I went with them. They drove their mini bus with 11 people in it to San Jose. What I didn't know is that we were going to a place very similar to Sam's Club called Price Smart. Most things were the same (including labels except the signs were in Spanish). It was very strange. And the prices didn't seem that great. The other piece of this trip that I didn't know was that it was my host mother's mother's 80th birthday. We went over there and celebrated and saw most of the family that I had me yesterday. It was really nice. When I returned to the house, I found all my laundry done and on my bed. Also, I found out that the father washed my bag that smelled horrible from the river. the mom also found some dimes and pennies I had left in the bag. They gave me colones for it because the mom wanted the coins.

I am going to start my homework maybe and try to talk to Mike. I will be attempting to go to bed early to try to catch up. Tomorrow we will be going to the hot springs in the morning to relax before class.

No comments:

Post a Comment