Friday, July 15, 2011

Finca de Café











Had a good day at class today. We did mostly conversations which was nice. It is what I think I need to work on most following closely behind is vocabulary and grammar. I am definitely feeling more comfortable with my Spanish. I have been able to speak about various topics ith my host family much better than when I arrived. I am also understanding more.

Enough with that, you want to hear about the Finca. A Finca is a farm which in Costa Rica they have mostly coffee. We went with a couple people from the school and a couple that we went rafting with yesterday on this tour. The couple that own the farm made their farm completely organic and changed the coffee industry in Costa Rica. The guy makes and fixes many of the machines used to process and make the coffee. It really tasted great. Besides the fact that it was raining, it was a really nice time. I also have more ideas regarding composting and having an organic garden at my house. We will see how it goes this year.

Tomorrow after class, we are heading to Manuel Antonio which is a really nice beach recommended by the locals (less touristy). Hopefully the weather is good so we can have a good weekend. Next weekend we will be going to Tortuguero which has these famous turtles (in Spanish they are called forth as hence the name).

No comments:

Post a Comment